For the sixth time in history, a unique formula of performance technology, meticulous design and engineering mastery have evolved the Camaro's already proven DNA. The result? A truly modern force to be reckoned with. With two blockbuster powertrain options, an array of available connective technologies and a strong yet sophisticated design, the all-new Chevrolet Camaro stands out in every way imaginable.
The only item to be carried over to the all-new Camaro from the previous generation? The badge. The new Camaro is 90kg lighter and more aerodynamic than its predecessor and features many performance-enhancing technologies like Magnetic Ride Control as well as two blockbuster powertrain options. A unique formula of performance technology and sophisticated design have evolved the Camaro's already proven DNA into a modern iconic sports car. Welcome the leaner, faster, smarter and more ferocious sixth-generation Camaro.
Designers were challenged to sculpt a modern Camaro body around a smaller, lighter architecture, while respecting the predecessor's design. This allowed for a smaller, wider, more athletic Camaro shape - and 90 kg less weight. In a sports car, these tighter proportions translate into more responsive braking, better attack in and out of corners, and noticeably nimbler performance. Tighter proportions also let the aggressive body features like the fastback profile and rear quarter panels to become more pronounced, creating a road presence that's hard to ignore.
The evidence of hours of extensive wind tunnel testing can be found chiselled across the redesigned Camaro sports car. From the wider opening and precise draft angle of the grille, to the roof's striking - Reverse Mohawk - channel, to the lift-reducing stanchion spoiler, the design of every surface and edge scrutinised until it helped improve airflow and performance.
What happens when an all-new, lightweight platform joins forces with precision steering, a sophisticated suspension system and a full suite of performance technologies? You engineer a Camaro that's up to 90 kg lighter and 28% stiffer than its predecessor, giving the driver a precise feel and connection to the road.
Whether you choose the convenience of the available 8-speed paddle shift automatic, or the tactile control of the 6-speed manual (with Active Rev Matching on Camaro V8), either transmission option makes for an exhilarating driving experience.
Whatever your driving style, Camaro has a powertrain option tailored for you. From the standard, fierce 2.0L turbo to the available V8 powerhouse, learn why there are zero compromises of power or efficiency with any option.
The sports car's mass savings allows the Camaro Turbo's engine to put all of its 202 kW (275 hp) and 400 Nm. of torque to work. Expect great efficiency, plus surprising cornering and braking - as well as 0 to 100 km/h in 5.9 seconds.
The 6.2L V8 catapults the automatic Camaro V8 from 0 to 100 km/h in 4.4 seconds flat - with 333 kW (453 hp) and 617 Nm. of torque. With direct injection, variable valve timing and Active Fuel Management.
Customise your driving experience. Selecting between Sport, Tour and Snow/Ice and Track (Camaro V8 only) drive modes to configure up to eight different vehicle characteristics instantly.
Available on the V8 powertrain, the dual-mode exhaust system features quad outlets and electric valves that open and close the active exhaust. It's tuned to allow peak performance at high speeds and aggressive idle, and a less aggressive presence at steady cruising speeds. Also, the Driver Mode Selector calibrates a unique exhaust note for each mode.
Premium materials. Rich textures. Tailored stitching. This degree of refinement comes as standard inside all Camaro models. But take the driver seat to discover that the entire layout is optimized for performance driving. The sharpened styling includes:
- Rotating HVAC dials replace extra dash buttons for quicker, intuitive climate control
- A centre console layout with dual cup holders and ample storage, yet exceptional ergonomics for gear changes
- The leather-wrapped (heated as standard for Camaro V8, included in Comfort & Technology Package on Camaro Turbo) flat-bottom steering wheel means extra room for knees during manoeuvres
- An available 8" radio touchscreen
- An standard reconfigurable instrument cluster displaying key performance and vehicle info
- Seating - with aggressive bolsters and standard heating/ventilation - boosts comfort and provide support when enduring g-forces
Interior spectrum lighting, available on Camaro Turbo and standard on Camaro V8, surrounds the radio, door trim and cup holders, transitioning between 24 selectable colours. The colour spectrum reacts to changes in drive modes and the lighting gives off an ambient night-time glow.
Go all the way with the legendary Camaro V8. Rule road and track with standard 20-inch wheels, HID headlamps with LED signature accents, LED taillamps, a full suite of intelligent performance technologies, plus:
- Unique rear stanchion spoiler
- Distinct hood with functional air vents
- Wide, assertive grille with integrated brake cooling ducts
- A 6.2L LT1 V8 engine with 333 kW (453 HP) and 617 Nm. of torque
- Available magnetic ride control and Dual Mode Performance Active Exhaust
From the fully automatic soft top that seamlessly disappears beneath the hard tonneau cover, to modular underbody bracing that allows for the same sharp, nimble handling as the coupe, the Camaro Convertible is a high-tech masterpiece. It even lets you raise or lower the top at the touch of a button while driving at speeds up to 50 km/h, or lower remotely with the key fob.
On 26th September 1966, Chevrolet introduced the Camaro to the world. And for millions of people, it was love at first sight. People have written songs about it, made movies starring it and told numerous Camaro stories in the years since. The 50th Anniversary Edition honours the distinctive looks and performance that have always set the Camaro apart, resulting in the most epic Camaro yet.
While the all-new Camaro is loaded with performance technology, it also offers a surprising amount of modern driver-centric technologies like a head-up display, a wireless smartphone charger and Apple CarPlay®, each available and ready to upgrade the driving experience.
- Apple CarPlay® compatibility - a smarter way to use your iPhone in your car
- Standard 8" touch-screen
- Available MyLink1 navigation
- Voice-activated controls
- Available wireless phone charging pad3
- Standard 9-speaker (8 for convertible) Bose® premium audio system
- Standard 8" reconfigurable centre screen display in instrument cluster
- Available head-up display
- Electronic park brake, passive entry and push-button start
- Power seats with available Memory Package
- Available heated steering wheel
Stay connected. Camaro offers available built-in OnStar® 4G LTE Wi-Fi® connectivity. The powerful signal gives you and your passengers the ability to seamlessly connect up to seven devices to the Internet.
Every performer needs a good safety net. With all the performance technology integrated into your precision-driving machine, take comfort in knowing the safety technology is just as precise and impressive.
- Rear vision camera with standard rear parking assist
- StabiliTrak® Electronic Stability Control System
- Available active safety features: Side Blind Zone Alert with Lane Change Alert and Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- 8 standard airbags on Camaro Coupe
- New driver and front passenger knee air bags
- Ultra high-strength steel safety cage
If you've had an accident and can't call for help, OnStar® reacts instantly. The second your airbag inflates:
- Automatic Crash Response opens a direct line to a trained advisor, who'll talk to you in your chosen language (even if you're abroad) via the hands-free speakerphone.
- OnStar sends a report to our Service Centre, including your location, travel direction, vehicle colour and the extent of the damage.
Emergency services immediately head to the accident scene if your vehicle report warrants it.